What is the RAM 1500 Towing Capacity?
The All-New 2019 RAM 1500 towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, when equipped with the 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine with eTorque. That is best-in-class V8 towing*, and depending on the trim, the payload capacity is between 1,710 to 2,300 pounds. Not only that, but this truck also delivers on performance specs and configurations to give drivers from Pekin to Washington a powerful, fun, and safe truck for work or fun. Just look at the 2019 RAM 1500 vs. Ford F-150.
How Much Can a Ram 1500 Tow?
- Rebel: 11,540 pounds
- Laramie Longhorn: 11,540 pounds
- Limited: 11,540 pounds
- Big Horn/Lonestar: 11,610 pounds
- Laramie: 11,610 pounds
- Tradesman: 12,750 pounds
All-New RAM 1500 Engines and Specs
Each of the RAM 1500 engine options is paired with the standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® eight-speed automatic transmission, and each engine offers both power and efficiency:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine: This engine delivers best-in-class entry-level horsepower of 305, as well as 269 lb-ft of torque. When equipped with the 4X2 drivetrain, it makes an EPA-estimated 17 mpg/city and 25 mpg/highway, and with the 4X4 drivetrain, it makes 16 mpg/city and 23 mpg/highway.
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque: This engine also delivers 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque, as well as best-in-class 4×4 fuel economy of 19 mpg/city and 24 mpg/highway. It also provides a best-in-class 4×4 highway driving range of up to 624 miles. This engine makes 20 mpg/city and 25 mpg/highway with the 4X2 drivetrain.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine: With this V8 engine, you get 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque. When equipped with the 4X2 drivetrain, this engine makes 22 mpg on the highway near Washington.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine with eTorque: This HEMI® engine also delivers 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque, but it provides the best-in-class towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. You’ll make 17 mpg/city and 23 mpg/highway with the 4X2 drivetrain and 17 mpg/city and 22 mpg/highway with the 4X4 drivetrain.
If you’d like to learn more about the 2019 RAM 1500 features, check out this brand’s highlights from the 2019 Chicago Auto Show. Need even more towing power? Explore the 2018 RAM 2500 towing capacity.
2019 Ram 1500 Towing Capacity Reviews
- CNET: “On the road, the truck’s integrated trailer brake and sway damping control makes towing easy, even over long distances on the highway. The rear end does squat a bit with the trailer hooked up, only because my test truck doesn’t have the optional four-corner air suspension that can automatically level the pickup’s rear when it detects a heavy load.”
- J.D. Power: “When you’ve been testing vehicles for 25 years, you know which ones are special because you miss them when they’re gone. I miss the Ram 1500, which is a tour de force of what a modern pickup should be. Ram might not lead in sales in this segment, but it certainly deserves to.”
- Motor Trend: “A quick rundown of the spec sheet shows that the updated 1500 is still the pickup we know and love. Underneath the sharp (still mostly steel) sheetmetal is a strengthened platform that’s both lighter and stronger than before, helping to boost payload and towing capacity to 2,300 and 12,750 pounds, respectively.”
Experience the 2019 RAM 1500 Performance in Morton
To learn more about the towing capabilities of the All-New 2019 RAM 1500 and to experience its performance features in person, visit the Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT Morton showroom for a test drive. If you have questions about this truck or want to know more about RAM 1500 lease options, contact us online. We can cover the RAM features, and recommend a used RAM 1500 if you’re looking for a strong model with a lower price tag.
More from Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT Morton
The new Jeep Renegade is quickly becoming a favorite among drivers in Pekin. While our team truly loves this incredible ride, you don’t have to just rely on our opinion. The experts at Autotrader.com dubbed the 2021 Jeep Renegade as the “most off-road-capable and arguably the most characterful contender among subcompact SUV/crossovers.” The head-turning style…
Are you hoping to find a new SUV that can take on tough tasks and look good while doing it? If so, the available Jeep Cherokee colors offer the options you crave. You can design a custom Jeep Cherokee with the 12 tones at your disposal. Whether you prefer a bold look or a subtle…
While you may be familiar with the off-road prowess of the new Jeep Cherokee, the fuel-economy ratings offer similarly impressive stats. What are the 2021 Jeep Cherokee fuel economy ratings? Below our Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT Morton team will examine the following: 2021 Jeep Cherokee Mileage Ratings 2021 Jeep Cherokee Engine Options 2021 Jeep Cherokee Performance Features New Jeep…
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup