How Much Can a 2020 RAM 1500 Tow?
Curious how much can a RAM 1500 tow? If you have serious work to handle around Pekin, the 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity can offer the performance you need to take on tough tasks. Thanks to an array of powerful engine options and performance features, the RAM 1500 towing capacity reaches an astonishing 12,750 pounds. This ability puts the new RAM 1500 ahead of competitors and earns it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing capacity rating. You can also find the exclusive RamBox cargo management system designed to make every job easier. Discover how much can a RAM 1500 tow with our RAM truck experts below!
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
The latest RAM 1500 can be customized to fit the automotive needs of any Washington driver. Each powerful RAM 1500 is paired with the standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission for unbeatable performance. Depending on which trim catches your eye, payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds. The raucous RAM 1500 towing capacity is built upon solid engine options. Explore the engine specs below:
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine — expect an impressive 305 hp, 269 lb-ft of torque, and max towing of 7,730 pounds with this engine option.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine — this engine can achieve up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and easily tow up to 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine — achieves the same figures shown above, but kicks things up a notch by towing to a jaw-dropping 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine — this powerful option is capable of producing up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and is able to haul 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel tow rating in the class.
More Features for Easier Towing
The design of the RAM 1500 takes the raw power under the hood and combines it with advanced features to produce a light-duty pickup that is ahead of the curve. You can easily trailer what you need for work week success and weekend fun. Discover RAM 1500 performance features here:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: The RAM 1500 can achieve up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway when this transmission is coupled with the eTorque mild hybrid system.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: With the robust 14.9-inch brakes, RAM 1500 drivers can easily maneuver around work zones and urban areas and stop when needed.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: When driving the 2020 RAM 1500, you can have peace of mind knowing the advanced safety features have your back. This system will constantly monitor your surroundings and trailer size to help you avoid blind-spot hazards.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: Thanks to the 60/40 split gate, you can easily access your truck bed cargo area.
Discover the 2020 RAM 1500 at Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT Morton
Ready to harness the power of the RAM 1500 towing capacity for yourself? Contact us in Morton today to get started! We can help you find the trim, package, and features you need to rule the East Peoria job site. Connect with our finance team to discuss all of your purchase options and find out how much your car is worth if you let us buy your current model! Looking for a model built for the whole family? Explore the Chrysler Pacifica interior features today! If you need to upfit with a more powerful work truck, consider the towing prowess of the RAM 2500.
Learn More About the RAM 1500
For most Pekin shoppers, engine performance and towing capacity are the top priority when searching for a new truck. However, one of the most important features uniquely available on a pickup truck, is the truck bed. In order to build the perfect work truck for your Washington job site, the right combination of towing power,…
Curious how much can a RAM 1500 tow? If you have serious work to handle around Pekin, the 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity can offer the performance you need to take on tough tasks. Thanks to an array of powerful engine options and performance features, the RAM 1500 towing capacity reaches an astonishing 12,750 pounds….
There were plenty of exciting things to do and vehicles to see at the 2019 Chicago Auto Show, including news on the new RAM 1500 and how it will soon be available with a multi-function tailgate and more exciting features. Just look at the 2019 Ram 1500 vs. Ford F-150. 2019 RAM 1500 Schedule Service All-New…